On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 10:10:04PM +0100, Brian J. Beesley wrote:
> >Windows users might care to try a nice program called CyberKit, which
> >is freeware & does ping, traceroute & NS lookup (amongst other
> >things).
>
> I don't know if Windows does `other things', but it certainly has
> ping (ping) and traceroute (tracert). It lacks a decent `host',
> though, but ping will do most of the work for you.

If you're looking for UNIXish network related utilities to run under
windows.. or actually anuthing UNIXish to run under windows, get cygwin
(http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin).  Cygwin is basically a port of the
unix API, and this package comes with a lot of the standard utilities.
And a lot of stuff compiles under it out of the box.. or tarball.  I look
forward to an entire Linux distribution being ported to it :)
They're working on porting the X server to it.