Yes, this can definitely be done in JavaScript that works in both IE and
Netscape.  I am willing to write the code, but I won't have time until
about May 5th or so because I have exams and that type of stuff occupying
my time for the next week.

At 22:41 26/04/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>       I sent this a few days ago, but it seems to have gotten lost...
>
>       In my new benchmarking page I'd like to create a form that
>takes CPU type, CPU speed, and exponent and returns the estimated
>number of days to complete the exponent.  I hope this will help newcomers
>understand how much effort is required before joining GIMPS.
>       Can this be done in Javascript (both MSIE and Netscape)?  Can
>it be done on the client side (i.e without a "Submit" button and CGI)?
>If so, would someone care to volunteer to write the necessary script
>using three or four lines from the http://www.mersenne.org/bench.htm
>table and I'll fill in the rest?
>
>Thanks,
>George

Nick Glover: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ UIN: 3463696
Computer Science, Clemson University
Homepage: http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~nglover/

"It's good to be open-minded, but not so open that your brains fall out." -
Jacob Needleman