On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 03:23:04PM -0500, Joshua Zelinsky wrote:

> Robert van der Peijl wrote:
> >How useful/practical/difficult would it be to
> >have the messages numbered automagically?
>
> If its not too much trouble, then automatic numbering would be pretty
> helpful. But I'm not sure many people would pay attention to it.

I think that the intention is for it to be server side and included in
the X-Headers eg:

From: Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
X-Mersenne-Count for 2001 is message 229

The first line in the example is one that my machine puts in the header
of the message, and the second line is a line that is put there by the
server that manages the list.

It'd make more sence if the number didn't go back to zero each year, that
way you could do without the date in that part of the header, so it could
become just:

X-Mersenne-Count 229

But having said all of that I don't really think there's much point in
doing this.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:39am  up 36 days,  3:20,  2 users,  load average: 1.58, 1.32, 1.14