> 1) When testing a new Pc, I obtain two different results from the old and
the new one

> M9357637 is not prime. Res64: BCB1164E6826255E. WW1:
C4F561C3,5448242,00000000
> M9357637 is not prime. Res64: BCB1164E6826255E. WW1:
C4F261C3,5448242,00030000

> Are this results compatible ?
>
> 2) I often restart my new PC (for installation purpose of windows 98 se
...).
> It seems Prime95 is beginning the calculus two early (?) and produce
ILLEGAL SUMOUT ERROR.
> Instead of waiting five minutes, I can stop prime (test/stop menu) then
continue
> (test/ continue menu). Theire are no more errors after that.
>
> Is there any way to delay prime95 starting calculus by one minute at boot
time ?

Yup, it's the same.  The Res64 is what's important there... it's the residue
left over after the final iteration (just the last 64 bits worth anyway...)

The WW1 is part of Scott's security check, just to make sure it's not been
falsely generated or some such.  I assume part of it is related to the date,
time, or some other such thing which is why there's one part that's
different?

If you want to delay Prime95 starting up... hmm...not sure why you'd want to
do that, but...

Perhaps instead of having it run as a service, you could just put it in your
startup group so it doesn't run until you logon.

Or, make a batch file and use the SLEEP.EXE program (well, I know it comes
with the NT Resource Kit, and there's something similar for Win9x as well)
that'll wait for 60 seconds and then launch prime95.  That can be setup in
the "runservices" key so it starts when the system boots.

Aaron