        Fra: Paradox
        Sendt: lø 12-01-2002 16:27
        Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Emne: Mersenne: Preventing new assignments

        In about 10 days, I've got 5 Pentium4 computers that will be
submitting
        completed LL tests (for 10,000,000 digit numbers). I used to
have
        dozens of smaller computers working on such LL tests for years,
and so
        I have a collection of Prime95/mprime directories which have
        60% to 80% completed LL tests in them. I'm going to want to
        make sure that the currently running mprime's on the P4s do not
get
        new assignments, so that I can simply remove those copies of
        mprime and replace it with a copy from my collection.

        For now, I've set the "Days of Work" to 1. If I were to set
        days of work to 0, what would happen? How can I tell it to
simply
        submit the results to primenet, disconnect, and then exit the
program
        when it is done?

        Regards, David Meyer ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

        About half of my prime checking arsenal:
        http://www.pdox.net/primework.jpg

        Mersenne Prime FAQ      --
http://www.tasam.com/~lrwiman/FAQ-mers