On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 02:55:48PM -0400, George Woltman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >Any hints what went wrong?
>
> Not really.
>
> Please try ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v227.zip
> The GUI version can now be installed as an NT service.  Just
> check the "Start at Bootup" menu option.
>
> This is a new feature so let me know of any problems.

This did not help.
Prime95 runs fine, "Start at Bootup" is checked,
but after rebooting no is running
(The task manager shows CPU 99% System idle process)

In Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services
I find an Entry  "Prime95 Service" sith Startup Type "Automatic";
Control Panel /  Administrative Tools / Event Viewer contains the message:

The Prime95 Service service failed to start due to the following error:
Access is denied.

Stating from "Servies" again gives

Error 5: Access is denied

Manually starting from the Windows Explorer works fine.

It seems that some W2K security mechanism is working against me.

Any ideas?

Helmut