On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:57:24 -0400, Jeff Woods wrote:

>On 23 August, we had 18021 accounts and 31701 machines, per the website.
>
>Today, 4 days later, we have 17916 accounts and 31511 machines.

Personally, I'm unable to contact the PrimeNet server.

At first, I thought it was an issue with the firewall here at school,
but once I authenticate to it, I can open another browser session (or
even an entirely different program) and stay authenticated.  I can
also use any other program, e.g. instant messanging clients, without
problems.

Also, I had no issues last year when the firewall rules were in some
ways, if anything, stricter.

My hunch is that the server is having problems, and some accounts that
would normally have contacted in the last few days and have been
listed as still active were instead placed on the inactive list in the
server stats.

Nathan