On Saturday 07 December 2002 23:45, Barry Stokes wrote:

> Tried to get to my individual account report again, and this time was
> greeted with this:
>
> "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. "
>
> Anyone else getting the same?

Yes. Around 0700 GMT yesterday (7th) I found I couldn't check in results,
then when I tried to check my personal account I was getting a "Couldn't load
DLL" problem. Later in the day this changed into "Insufficent resources".

The general status reports still work but seem to be frozen at 0500 GMT
yesterday.

My guess would be that some clown has successfully executed a DoS attack but
an underlying problem, like a memory leak or disk space exhaustion, could
possibly lead to similar problems.

Guess we have to live with it until Brad gets in to work tomorrow.

> Jacquin's Postulate on Democratic Government:
>       No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the
>       legislature is in session.

Or afterwards, if they legislate a mechanism for enforcement.