On Friday 26 December 2003 01:36, Jeroen wrote:
> Currently I'm doing 0.078 sec/iteration with my P4-2400 (800FSB)
> I have one single 512 MB PC3200 DDR memory module in my system.
> How much speed increase will I see if I install another memory module so
> that my memory runs in dual channel? I've looked on the benchmark pages on
> mersenne.org but all I could find was just P4-2400, no single or dual
> channel.

If you plan to install dual channel memory please check that the modules are
_identical_ in timings as well as in size & speed. Otherwise your system will
either not give best performance or may be unstable.

I have no experience with dual channel PC3200 DDR but my P4-2666 system
running dual channel PC2100 DDR is significantly quicker than my P4-2533
system running 1066 MHz RDRAM. On the basis that 1066 MHz RDRAM is noticeably
quicker than 400 MHz single channel DDR (PC3200) I'd expect that going dual
channel would give a very significant improvement in speed _for
mprime/prime95_ probably around 25%. Whether this would reflect in "standard
benchmarks" using graphics, games etc. is a mystery to me. mprime/prime95 hit
the memory bus _very_ hard & anything you can do to ramp up the CPU/memory
bandwidth is definitely not going to hurt!