On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Romain Failliot
<romain.faill...@foolstep.com> wrote:
> Thanks all for your answers!

>> Yeah you need LLVM 3.9 not just for this game, but also for many other
>> games to work correctly. It's due to the fact that some games require
>> GL 4.3, which is only supported with LLVM 3.9. Some games don't even
>> report an error when they don't get GL 4.3, they just run broken.
>> (like Alien Isolation)
>
> As I can see, LLVM 3.9 is quite young (September 2nd, 2016), that's
> why Fedora 24 still doesn't have it in their stable package (and it's not
> even in test in Bodhi). I'll try to compile my own LLVM as Edward advised.
>
>> > Also I tried Dota 2 (which was working on my old HD 6870) and there the
>> > textures are perfect, but the top bar is always visible and it creates an
>> > offset in the input (notice that the bottom of the screen is cropped):
>> > https://framapic.org/6vMPXK5y1tWu/hRcANfUysTdD.png
>>
>> This is unrelated to the graphics driver. The driver has no control
>> over what the window manager does.
>
> I also tend to think it's on the window manager side, but it worked 20
> minutes before and the only thing I changed is the GPU (and thus the gpu
> drivers), that's why I thought it may have a link with the drivers more than
> the WM. But maybe GNOME is using different GL extensions depending
> on what the graphics card can do.

BTW, If you update LLVM to a newer version, you also have to re-build
Mesa, because the LLVM version used by Mesa is determined while Mesa
is being built.

Also, the chance to rage-quit while building LLVM+Mesa is pretty high
if you've never done it before.

Marek