Am Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2016, 10:57:14 CEST schrieb Emil Velikov:
> On 12 October 2016 at 00:02, Tobias Droste <> wrote:
> > Each driver has to expllicitly call llvm_add_default_components to
> > add the shared components.
> > This way we can fail the build if a component is not found and avoid
> > the recursive solution from a previous version of the pach series.
> s/pach/patch/
> Does this mean that the "default" components are required only by the
> gallivm module ? Please rename the function to reflect that.

No, there's probably some of them that are only used by gallivm, but not all
of them. That's something I wanted to do on a follow up to explicitly add all
llvm components for each driver. But this needs some forensics, to actually
find out what's really needed ;-)

> Don't recall if swr driver is/was using any of it, but the nv30 path
> of nouveau does use it, iirc. In the latter you want to call the
> function if --enable-gallium-llvm is set. Alternatively keep
> llvm_add_default_components within the "test enable_gallium_llvm !=
> xno" block.

I'm going to add it to nv30.
swr was calling that function before my changes too. So it probably uses it.

> -Emil
mesa-dev mailing list