On 2016-10-13 04:37 PM, Rafael Antognolli wrote:
Hi all,

On 2016-10-11 01:37 PM, Chad Versace wrote:
On Tue 11 Oct 2016, Emil Velikov wrote:
On 10 October 2016 at 20:41, Rob Clark <robdcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Chad Versace <chadvers...@chromium.org> wrote:

Testing:

    I haven't yet tested EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync with these patches, but
    the series does build. I just wanted to get these patches on the list as a
    status-update.  I'm slowly working on getting Rob Clark's hacked-up kmscube
    work on this series.

    I did test that this series doesn't break any dEQP-EGL sync tests. But my
    dEQP doesn't include any EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync tests.

From a quick skim neither one of CTS/dEQP/piglit had
EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync tests. I've mentioned to Rob F that
adding a few piglits might be a good idea. It would be good to
coordinate to avoid writing the same tests twice ;-)

Yes, we should have tests before committing this feature. I am releasing
any lock I may had held on test writing, as I don't have time to tackle
that this week.

Writing the tests is not on my table at the moment. Perhaps some time can be
scraped together for it at a later point, but not now.

If nobody has started writing piglit tests yet, and it's OK with you
guys, I would like to give it a try since I'm also interested in this
feature.

Also if I understood correctly, the initial thing to test is whether
WaitSync and ClientWaitSync respect input fences, right? I'll try to
come up with a list of other things to test, like invalid fences and so
on, but if you guys already have a list of things to test in mind,
please let me know.

Anyway, is it fine if I start working on this?

That would be very welcome!