On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.veli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 19 October 2016 at 19:50, Kai Wasserbäch <k...@dev.carbon-project.org>
> wrote:
> > Hey Emil,
> > just curious why you did the revert
> > (<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?h=13.0&id=
> 2ced8eb136528914e1bf4e000dea06a9d53c7e04>).
> > Wouldn't distros just set --disable-vulkan-icd-full-driver-path (I know
> I'm
> > doing that for Multi-Arch compatibility for my local builds)?
> >
> Yes they can, yet they shouldn't need to bother to begin with, since
> the code itself is not aimed at deployment ;-)

What code isn't aimed at deployment?

Don't just go reverting commits in the release branch on your own authority
with no discussion.  If that flag is causing problems for distros and
packagers, let's hear from them and they can tell us what they need.

Also, it's not in there for developers.  It's in there for people who want
to do a local build and have "make install" work somewhat correctly.
They're free to do that local build from a release branch or a tarball and
it should still work.  Also, you're making piles of pain for packagers who
now have a configure flag that works in 12.0 git and 13.0 git but in 13.0
release it is gone.