On 24/10/16 06:33 PM, Emil Velikov wrote:

> IIRC glamor + glx isn't really an option.

That's true for Xorg, because Xorg is the thing which provides GLX in
the first place, so it cannot use GLX itself. (glamor on GLX works in
Xephyr though)

> So as we look the !glamor case (hmm does newer radeons have
> acceleration in those cases ?)

Not in X.

> Speaking of which - I cannot find any reports of people (mis)configuring
> mesa, leading to lack of glamor/X11 acceleration.

glamor failing to initialize in Xorg because Mesa was built without
--with-egl-platforms=drm[,...] was a fairly common problem for radeonsi
users until Marek made it basically impossible. Most of those reports
might have been just on IRC though.