On 11/04/2011 03:48 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 07:31:54 -0600, Brian Paul<bri...@vmware.com>  wrote:
The pure, non-DRI swrast driver dies in all glReadPixels calls when
reading from the front/back color buffers.  So basically all piglit
tests fail.

I think that the problem is there is no rb->Data for these surfaces;
they're XImages/Pixmaps.  The xlib driver needs to have
Map/UnmapRenderbuffer functions that can access the pixels in the
XImage/Pixmaps.

Sorry I didn't spot that before you pushed the series, Eric.

I may not be able to dig into this until later, or the weekend.

Wow, the spans code for that driver is hideous.  Who still uses it?
Also, color index?  Really?

Back when I first wrote the xlib driver, 8bpp X terminals were still pretty common. For a while I was using a monochrome X terminal and Mesa was able to dither down to 1bpp!

Directly reading/writing spans to Ximages and Pixmaps was the fast way to do sw rendering once upon a time.

-Brian