On 03/20/2017 03:37 AM, Rob Herring wrote:
On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.veli...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 13 March 2017 at 22:36, Mauro Rossi <issor.or...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12 March 2017 at 23:01, Mauro Rossi <issor.or...@gmail.com> wrote:
Automake generation rules are replicated for android.
$* macro was expected to return "hsw" but instead gives "hsw.{h,c}"
so $(basename $*) is used as a workaround
to set the correct --chipset option for brw_oa.py script.

Build tested with nougat-x86

Fixes: e565505 "i965: Add script to gen code for OA counter queries"

Let copy/pasta continue ... sigh, seems like people want to
deliberatelly make their lives harder :-(

Hi Emil,

I don't see how just doing an include of Makefile.gen with current automake
generation rules
would "cheat" Android Build System as we speak.

The generated files need to go in
$OUT/gen/{STATIC,SHARED}_LIBRARIES/[module_name]_intermediates
or Android Build System will just not care and throw a bunch of errors,
because it will check LOCAL_GENERATED_SOURCES list (with absolute path)
against the declared generation rules

In my understanding Makefile.gen as extrapolation of current am generation
rules,
will not suffice, would you please show a working PoC,
even for just one (medium/complex) prototype generation rule of your choice?

You're right Mauro, nagging about it without a working PoC is not
helping much. Despite how many or how much hints I provide.

I will try to beat something in the weeks to come and let you know
as/if it's working properly.

Thanks for the patience :-)

I would ponder whether doing this is worth it given that AOSP is
moving from make to blueprint files. Any sharing may be short lived.

Yeah, this seems to be 'ongoing' .. there seems to be tool available for mk->bp according to docs here:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/build/soong/

I guess even with bp we would like to try sharing those rules though, I wonder if that is possible?

// Tapani