On 06/27/2017 11:00 AM, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Ian Romanick <i...@freedesktop.org> wrote:
>> On 06/27/2017 02:59 AM, Timothy Arceri wrote:
>>> Just curious. Can this extension be added to NV04 and NV10? As those are
>>> the only drivers that don't currently support it.
>>>
>>> I have cards I could test those with, but don't have an NV20.
>>
>> I just sent out an updated series that I tested on NV20.  Thanks for
>> reminding me. :)
>>
>> I *think* NV10 can do this, but the implementation would be... painful.
>> NV10 (and on) supports texture borders... that extra one pixel of pixels
>> on each side that's outside the usual [0,1]x[0,1] sampling range.  I
>> believe this extension could be supported by creating every texture with
>> a border and filling the border with the GL border color.
>
> That's right, they support the border inside the texture. I think that
> was killed in mesa though, and I have no interest in reinstating it :)

We wouldn't have to.  It would just be internal to the way the driver
stores the texture on the hardware... kind of like how core Mesa doesn't
know anything about tiling formats, etc.  Either way, I'd want to be
100% sure it would work before messing with it.  Someone with reverse
engineering skills would have to see if the blob does it that way first.