On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Adam Jackson <a...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-06-28 at 16:50 +0300, Plamena Manolova wrote:
>> ARB_texture_filter_anisotropic is the ARB variation of
>> EXT_texture_fitter_anisotropic and it operates in the
>> same way, so there's no reason not to advertise it.
>
> Nak. The ARB version bups the minmax anisotropy to 16x, see issue 2 in
> the spec. This patch would wrongly enable the ARB version for intel <
> gen4 and nouveau < nv40.

Yeah, this needs a new ext enable bit which is flipped on in
st_extensions.c and the relevant i965 file, conditional on the driver
being able to handle >= 16x aniso. (There should be a PIPE_CAP for it
on the gallium end of it. If you don't want to hook it up for st/mesa
that's fine too, I or someone else can handle that one-liner.)

Well-noticed, ajax.

  -ilia