Am 07.09.2017 um 12:14 schrieb Marek Olšák:

On Sep 7, 2017 12:08 PM, "Christian König" <deathsim...@vodafone.de <mailto:deathsim...@vodafone.de>> wrote:

    Am 07.09.2017 um 11:23 schrieb Michel Dänzer:

        On 01/09/17 07:40 PM, Christian König wrote:

            Am 01.09.2017 um 12:28 schrieb Michel Dänzer:

                On 01/09/17 07:23 PM, Nicolai Hähnle wrote:

                    On 01.09.2017 11:58, Michel Dänzer wrote:

                        On 29/08/17 11:47 PM, Christian König wrote:

                            From: Marek Olšák <marek.ol...@amd.com
                            <mailto:marek.ol...@amd.com>>

                            For lower overhead in the CS ioctl.
                            Winsys allocators are not used with
                            interprocess-sharable resources.

                            v2: It shouldn't crash anymore, but the
                            kernel will reject the new
                            flag.
                            v3 (christian): Rename the flag, avoid
                            sending those buffers in the
                            BO list.
                            v4 (christian): Remove setting the kernel
                            flag for now

                        This change seems to have caused a GPU hang
                        when running piglit on my
                        Kaveri with the radeon kernel driver.

        I think we can remove "seems to have". I'm still reliably
        getting the
        GPUVM fault and hang with current master, but not if I revert this
        commit (and the one after it).

                        Haven't been able to isolate it to a specific
                        test, seems to only
                        happen when running multiple tests concurrently.

        I reproduced the problem with piglit process separation
        enabled as well,
        and all four tests running when it hung were textureGather tests.
        Before, reproducing the problem twice with piglit process
        separation
        disabled, three textureGather tests were running when it hung
        both times
        as well. I've been unable to reproduce the problem by manually
        running
        the same textureGather tests in parallel though.

                        There's a GPUVM fault before the hang, I
                        suspect it's related:

                        radeon 0000:00:01.0: GPU fault detected: 146
                        0x0ae6760c
                        radeon 0000:00:01.0:
                         VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_ADDR  0x000001D7
                        radeon 0000:00:01.0:
                         VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_STATUS 0x0607600C
                        VM fault (0x0c, vmid 3) at page 471, read from
                        'CPF' (0x43504600) (118)

                        Any ideas?

            Not the slightest, but I'm still investigating problems
            with that on
            amdgpu.

            If we can't find the root cause till Monday it might be a
            good idea to
            revert the patches for now.

        What's the status on that?

    I've found and fixed the remaining kernel bugs over the last
    weekend/beginning of this week.

    Still need to commit the fix for UVD/VCE, but that one shouldn't
    affect GFX at all.

Michel is seeing hangs on the radeon KMD, which should be unaffected by you kernel work I think.

We could revert this to unbreak Michel's Kaveri, but I think it shouldn't be so difficult to find the culprit in this patch if there is one.

The only crux is that the userspace patch shouldn't affect radeon at all. So the real question is what the heck is going on here?

Christian.

Marek

    Christian.