On 12/06/2017 01:04 PM, James Legg wrote:
On Tue, 2017-12-05 at 14:24 -0500, Connor Abbott wrote:
lower_bitfield_insert lowers nir_op_bitfield_insert to DX10-style
nir_op_bfi and nir_op_bfm, both of which aren't handled by
ac_nir_to_llvm, so unless I'm missing something this will just break
them even harder. We probably should use this lowering after adding
support for bfi and bfm, since AMD does have native instructions for
bfi and bfm, but first I'd like to see the actual bug fixed. Have you
tried running it with NIR_PRINT=true to pin down which optimization
pass is going wrong?

I've identified the constant folding pass as the culprit and fixed the
incorrect logic for bitfield_insert with this patch:
     nir/opcodes: Fix constant-folding of bitfield_insert
     https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/191977/

Your fix looks much better, thanks!

James