On 15 November 2017 at 19:29, Gert Wollny <gw.foss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> since on r600 the tesselation shaders don't go through the sb-optimizer I
> though it might help to improve performance by applying some optimizations
> to the created assembly. The patches are experimental but to a point where
> I think some input from you could be helpful.
>
> This patch series does the following optimizations:
> - pre-calculate and re-use address offsets that were always calculated
>   on the fly
> - only load from LDS what is really requested (based on the source swizzle
> masks
>   of the input values).
> - preload all used elements in cases where the shader would only partially
> load
>   data in different places.
>
> At this point there are no piglit regressions, but an unrelated GOU lockup is
> triggered. (Dave and me are already testing patches for this).

So I haven't commited these yet, because I wanted to see if I could
get sb to work.

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/mesa/log/?h=r600-sb-lds-wip

is my non functional attempt, so far, biut it gpu hangs on the nop shader.

I'm away for a week, so I might try and look at it against after that.

Dave.