Hi Dave,

Am Mittwoch, den 10.01.2018, 16:48 +1000 schrieb Dave Airlie:
> This is an attempt to add tessellation support to the SB backend.

I tried to dig a bit more in the failing piglits, specifically
"1in-1out" that passed with your WIP branch form Jan/9.

Now, with sb it fails by drawing some pseudo-random patterns that would
indicate that for some of the patches uninitialized memory is accessed
when drawing the upper left sub-quad of each patch. The pattern may
change when pressing some key.
However, by inspecting disassembly I was not able to detect any change
in the LDS addresses accessed by the optimized shaders vs. the original
ones, only the access order is (mostly) reversed (which is probably the
most notable change w.r.t. the WIP branch).

When I change the tess-factors to 2.0 (instead of 3.0) and also the
related values in the vertex and tes shader, the test passes, which
should confirm that the LDS access is correct.

Do I change the 3 only in tes to a positive value below 2.5 then the
drawn pattern doesn't show random behaviour. Also if in the assignment
to the input[].z value in the vertex shader the 64 is replaced by 64.0,
making the evaluation there a floating point operation, then the random
patterns in the piglit screen output disappear. Since this z-value is
not used for the coordinate evaluation it should have no influence on
these patters.

Best,
Gert