On 18 January 2018 at 18:29, Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology> wrote:

> On 01/18/2018 21:18, Emil Velikov wrote:
>>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> On 31 December 2017 at 16:55, Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone and happy new year! :)
>>>
>>> This set of patches makes the Meson build work on FreeBSD, including
>>> RADV, ANV, wayland-egl, VAAPI, VDPAU.
>>
>> Huge thanks for beating these into shape and sending them.
>>
>> Based on the sysconf patch it seems like the series isn't based again
>> master.
>> Can you please rebase?
>>
>> I've made a few suggestions about moving stuff into helpers, although
>> those are not a requirement.
>> We can merge the current ones, as long as you promise to address fix
>> them up as follow-up ;-)
>
> I'm working on the helpers, yeah.
>
> I've rebased and updated the meson patches, sent as v2.
> I'll send everything else as v2 with the helpers stuff.
>
> Sorry if I'm doing something wrong with series and stuff, I'm still a bit
> confused with this patch emailing thing, I'm used to GitHub and similar
> services :)

No worries - every project is different ;-)

The first google hit for "mesa submitting patches" is the correct one [1].
Although in practise you've handled everything very well, already.

[1] https://www.mesa3d.org/submittingpatches.html

>> It would be amazing if FreeBSD used the ETIME fallback in their
>> toolchain. Otherwise things break quite often, as you can see.
>> That's more of a dream of mine, so don't read too much into it.
>
> Did you get Dylan's reply about defining ETIME in meson/autotools?

AFAICT the approach is semi-magic, hence my day-dreaming on the topic.
I'll try to cook up some magic, but it will be very fragile.

-Emil