Gentle ping to Jason, as he probably missed that I was trying (but
failed) to make a question. See below (also skipped most of the original
email)

On 18/01/18 13:31, Alejandro Piñeiro wrote:

>     +
>     +#include "nir_spirv.h"
>     +
>     +#include "vtn_private.h"
>     +#include "spirv_info.h"
>     +
>     +static bool
>     +vtn_validate_preamble_instruction(struct vtn_builder *b, SpvOp
>     opcode,
>     +                                  const uint32_t *w, unsigned count)
>

> I think you could probably re-use all of
> vtn_handle_preamble_instruction.  It would do a bit more than strictly
> needed (like handle capabilities) but I don't see any harm in it.
>> Ok, will try to re-use it.
> Well, I tried, and here the situation: as the validation is doing the
> barely minimum to check for the errors defined at the method
> glSpecializeShader, we are also passing it the barely minimum parameters
> needed. So we are not passing spirv_to_nir_options. So if we try to
> reuse vtn_handle_preamble_instruction during the validation, we start to
> get several "Unsupported SPIR-V capabilities" vtn_warnings. So the
> option is passing the spirv_to_nir_options here too, or just keep the
> simplified version that this patch already includes.

What option would you prefer? Pass the spirv_to_nir_options to the
validation method in order to be able to reuse
vtn_handle_preamble_instruction, or as it is not really needed for this
validation, not pass the spirv_to_nir_options and keep a simplified
version of such method in order to avoid those vtn_warnings?

BR