Am 02.02.2018 um 21:48 schrieb Marek Olšák:
> Hi,
>
> This is the second and hopefully final version of 32-bit pointer
> support for radeonsi.
>
> Constant buffer 0 now has restrictions on which buffers can be set
> in that slot.
>
> I plan to push this when my LLVM patch lands in 6.0 (hopefully it
> will be accepted there).
>
> There will also be a dependency on new libdrm (not included in this
> series).
>
> Please review.

From a api cleanliness point of view, I don't like this much.
First, you're making the hack case the default and even require it. IMHO
a driver should be able to bind ordinary UBOs to all buffer slots. This
is really not a nice burden to put on state trackers to do something
special for just slot 0. The gallium API should stay reasonable imho,
that's a bit too much custom tailoring for GL for my liking.

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't quite see why you can't handle
this transparently inside the driver. Can't you just create a different
shader depending on what kind of buffer is bound or what's the problem?
(You wouldn't expect it to change therefore you should not have to
recompile.)

Roland