Hi Keith,

A few top level comments:

 - using card/primary node and (missing) authentication
Current code opens the primary node when VK_KHR_display is available.
Thus running a platform=drm,x11,wayland build will fail, as the client
is not authenticated with the X/WL server.

 - reuse "drm" as a shorthand for the "display"
We've been using drm for egl/gbm, va/drm, etc, one less platform plus
no equivalent in either of egl/va/...

 - remove conditional compilation based on library version/features.
Eg. checks like the following should be avoided.
#if DRM_EVENT_CONTEXT_VERSION

 - use drmModeAddFB2 (or the withModifiers version even) over drmModeAddFB
Might help with the XXX just above it ;-)

 - the spec says we're at VK_KHR_display rev 21, while the code advertises rev1
    Extension('VK_KHR_display',                           1,
'VK_USE_PLATFORM_DISPLAY_KHR'),

 - there are plenty of unnecessary of headers #include(d)

 - we could simplify the ifdef spaghetti by making
wsi_*_{init,finish}_wsi empty stubs
Definitely something that can be done, independently of your work.

HTH
Emil