The changed field in PA_SC_RASTER_CONFIG is pretty clear here:

0 - RB0 renders all pixels (default for single rb per pkr configs)
1 - RB0 renders rb_tile_id==1, RB1 renders rb_tile_id==0
2 - RB0 renders rb_tile_id==0, RB1 renders rb_tile_id==1
3 - RB1 renders all pixels

So you see that values 0 and 3 are for single RB or harvested configs. You
need either 1 or 2 for full configs. Full configs can also use this to
disable RBs if the bus can't handle too many transfers efficiently (e.g.
dGPUs blitting to GTT).

Marek