Quoting Sergii Romantsov (2018-07-25 10:37:29)
> Hello, Chris.
> Your variant also works.
> But i wonder about comment:
>    /* If we don't have caching at this size, don't actually round the
>     * allocation up.
>     */
>    if (bucket == NULL) {
>
> Has it any sense now? If 'no' - will delete it in next patch update.

It's actually talking about rounding up to bucket size which started off
as next power-of-two, since reduced to some fractions and even now the
rounding is debatable. The page size allocation is a property of the
uABI -- objects are allocated in pages.

Now there is no reason the bufmgr can't do sub-page allocations, it
would take a bit of work to factor out the offset_in_page() later but
doable.
-Chris