Hey,

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 20:22, Rob Clark <robdcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 7:40 AM Daniel Stone <dan...@fooishbar.org> wrote:
> > My question would again be what value that brings you. Do you just
> > like seeing the name there, or do you go poke the people on IRC, or
> > follow up via email, or ... ? Again I personally go look through the
> > original review to see what came up during that first, but everyone's
> > different, so I'm just trying to understand what you actually do with
> > that information, so we can figure out if there's a better way to do
> > things for everyone rather than just blindly imitating what came
> > before.
>
> If I am curious or have some questions about why some code is the way
> it is I frequently use tig-blame, which makes it easy to step into the
> commit that made the change and see the commit msg and r-b tags..  I
> guess the most important part if I need to ping someone on IRC w/
> questions is the author, but it seems like having the other tags handy
> without context-switching to browser/gitlab is useful.
>
> I guess I don't as frequently dig into the history of the original
> patchset and it's review comments.. mostly because that isn't as easy
> with the email based review process.  Making this easier would defn be
> a win.  But in cases where I don't have to leave the comfort of tig,
> it would be nice not to have to start doing so..
>
> This is not an argument for sticking to email based process, just
> defence of what I think would be a useful feature for gitlab to gain
> ;-)

Thanks, that helps. How about this? It technically even fits in one
line, though you might wish it didn't.

~/mesa/mesa master ← → * % export
GITLAB_TOKEN=secret-api-token-you-get-from-web-UI
~/mesa/mesa master ← → * % export
GITLAB_COMMIT=f967273fb442de8281f8248e8c8bff5b13ab89e4
~/mesa/mesa master ← → * % curl --silent --header "PRIVATE-TOKEN:
$GITLAB_TOKEN"
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/api/v4/projects/mesa%2Fmesa/merge_requests/$(curl
--silent --header "PRIVATE-TOKEN: $GITLAB_TOKEN"
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/api/v4/projects/mesa%2Fmesa/repository/commits/${GITLAB_COMMIT}/merge_requests
| jq -r '.[] | .iid')/participants | jq -r '.[] | { username:
.username, realname: .name }'
{
  "username": "sroland",
  "realname": "Roland Scheidegger"
}
{
  "username": "kwg",
  "realname": "Kenneth Graunke"
}
{
  "username": "mareko",
  "realname": "Marek Olšák"
}
{
  "username": "tpalli",
  "realname": "Tapani Pälli"
}

> (Also, I suppose preserving those artifacts of "the old process" is
> probably useful for folks who run git statistics, although personally
> that does not effect me.)

[mumbles something about GDPR]

Cheers,
Daniel