On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 5:54 AM Iago Toral Quiroga <ito...@igalia.com> wrote:

> 3-src instructions don't support immediates, but since 36bc5f06dd22,
> we allow them on MAD and LRP relying on the combine constants pass to
> fix it up later. However, that pass is specialized for 32-bit float
> immediates and can't handle HF constants at present, so this patch
> ensures that copy-propagation only does this for 32-bit constants.

There's a patch later in the series that adds HF support to constant
combining (and presumably removes this code). Maybe it's the best
thing to add and remove the code in the same series, but it's good to
at least mention that in the commit message so that reviewers
understand what the plan is.

I see from a later thread that you're going to try to handle more than
just F/HF types in constant combining, and I guess you'll resend this
series. If that's the case, I'd just leave this patch out if it's
possible to reorder things.

Oh, another thing: Gen10+ can take *1* immediate HF argument in 3-src
instructions. We haven't added that support yet, though all the
low-level brw_inst_* functions exist. Not asking you to do that
without hardware, but just thought you'd be interested to know :)