Jean has logged 3 versions of the same bug in Debian, as he wasn't sure
which package was causing the issues.

None of the bug logs currently contain dmesg or xorg logs.

Jean: Can you reply when you've added the logs to one of the Debian bug
reports? I suspect the one against libglx-mesa0 is probably a good choice
for the moment ( https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=921145 ).

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 at 04:27, Alex Deucher <alexdeuc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 4:13 AM Jean-Dominique Frattini
> <dageck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am on Debian Linux testing. And after an update
> (firmware-amd-graphics, xserver-xorg-video-amdgup and Mesa), my program
> often raises this error message:
> >
> > amdgpu: The CS has been cancelled because the context is lost.
> >
> > When this message shows up (hundreds of lines are displaying in the
> console every seconds), the window does not show anything anymore. From
> what I understand from this message the context is lost, explaining why
> there is no more display. The program creates a single context at the
> begining, and a single thread is used (so the context is made current
> once). This same program works well on other plateforms (Debian + nvidia,
> Debian + intel, Windows + nvidia...).
> >
> > Also, I would like to add that since some months (since mesa 18.2.x),
> when allocating memory for VBOs, sometimes the system can take up to 1.5
> second whereas generally it is almost instantaneous.
> >
> > Downgrading to the previous firmware solved the issue temporarily: after
> some hours of uptime of the OS, the same error can be raised.
> > Generally, a reboot will solve temporarilly the issue (the message will
> not show up for some times), except when using the latest firmware and mesa
> version on debian where this message generally appears directly.
> >
> > Bugs have been reported on Debian.
>
> Can you point me to the bug and make sure your dmesg output is
> attached and xorg log (if using X)?
>
> Alex

Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)