Adding the release managers to the CC to make sure they see the thread...

Dylan Baker <dy...@pnwbakers.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Since we're migrating to gitlab issues, it seems like a good time to review
> how
> we track stable releases, particularly release blockers.
>
> I'd like to use a gitlab milestone as a replacement for the tracker issues
> from
> gitlab. The process would work much the same way as it does now, but with a
> milestone.

Right now, anyone can create milestones.  Is there a way to limit the
capability to release managers?  Would that be desirable?

I see the same issue with labels...  Anyone could delete a label, and
I'm not sure how we would recover that information.

> We'll also need to replace the Bugzilla: tag with a tag that gitlab recognizes
> for closing issues. Since we already use "Fixes:" for something else, I'd like
> to propose "Closes:"
>
> so we'd replace:
>     Buzilla: https://...
> with:
>     Closes: !0

A more exact replacement would be:
      Gitlab: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues/{issue}

Is there an advantage to the !{issue} format?  Perhaps gitlab parses it
and closes the issue?