On 2021-01-08 6:16 p.m., Michel Dänzer wrote:
On 2021-01-08 5:54 p.m., Chris Rankin wrote:
Hi,

I've just noticed a large drop in FPS (from 60 down to 15) when playing World of Warcraft with the latest Mesa from Git.
A quick git bisect has identified this commit:

4292fb2139282e6906d4ad2a8be2fd81ed7ca8af is the first bad commit
commit 4292fb2139282e6906d4ad2a8be2fd81ed7ca8af
Author: Michel Dänzer <mdaen...@redhat.com>
Date:   Mon Dec 21 15:41:56 2020 +0100

     wsi/x11: Use PresentOptionAsync for MAILBOX present mode with Xwayland      This allows Xwayland to forward buffers to the Wayland compositor ASAP      for fullscreen / undecorated windows, which in turn allows true mailbox
     behaviour in the Wayland compositor.
     Without this, Xwayland has to emulate the mailbox behaviour itself,
     which it cannot do as well as the Wayland compositor by design.
     Reviewed-by: Bas Nieuwenhuizen <b...@basnieuwenhuizen.nl>
     Part-of: <https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/8197>

  src/vulkan/wsi/wsi_common_x11.c | 7 +++++++
  1 file changed, 7 insertions(+)

I am playing WoW with this release of Wine:

wine-6.0-0.4rc4.fc33.x86_64

And this version of DXVK:

wine-dxvk-1.7.2-3.fc33.x86_64

Curiously, I am using Xorg rather than Wayland, and so don't understand why this commit should affect me.

Does the attached patch fix it?

Actually, that would only make a difference if your X server didn't support the RANDR extension, which seems unlikely.

I found two more bugs: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/8393

Still not sure how that could have caused a drop from 60 to 15 fps, but hopefully this will fix it.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com