Am 12.09.2014 00:31, schrieb Jason Ekstrand:
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Dieter Nützel <die...@nuetzel-hh.de>
wrote:

Am 15.08.2014 04:50, schrieb Jason Ekstrand:

On Aug 14, 2014 7:13 PM, "Dieter Nützel" <die...@nuetzel-hh.de>
wrote:

Am 15.08.2014 02:36, schrieb Dave Airlie:

On 08/02/2014 02:11 PM, Jason Ekstrand wrote:

Most format conversion operations required by GL can be
performed by
converting one channel at a time, shuffling the channels
around, and
optionally filling missing channels with zeros and ones.
This
adds a
function to do just that in a general, yet efficient, way.

v2:
* Add better comments including full docs for functions
* Don't use __typeof__
* Use inline helpers instead of writing out conversions
by
hand,
* Force full loop unrolling for better performance

This file seems to anger gcc a lot.

It seems to take upwards of a minute or two to compile here.

gcc 4.8.3 on 32-bit x86.

Dave.

For me (on our poor little Duron 1800/2 GB) it ran ~5
minutes...

gcc 4.8.1 on 32-bit x86.

If we'd like, the way the macros are set up, it would be easy to
change it so that we do less unrolling in the cases where we are
actually doing substantial format conversion and wouldn't notice
the
extra logic quite as much. I'll play with it a bit tomorrow or
next
week and see how how much of a hit we would actually take if we
unrolled a little less in places.
--Jason Ekstrand

Ping.

In a second it took 11+ minutes , here...

11 minutes! What system are you running?  and are you using -03 or
something?  Yes, we can do something to cut it down, but it will
probably require a configure flag; the question is what flag.

--Jason

See above, the old children's system... ;-)
-O2 -m32 -march=athlon-mp -mtune=athlon-mp -m3dnow -msse -mmmx -mfpmath=sse,387 -pipe

Bad? - Worked for ages on AthlonMP....8-)
Maybe it is bad on Duron (the MP thing, much smaller cache and better GCC), now.

Dieter