On 08-Jun-99 Holger Waechtler wrote:
> A prebuilt script is a good idea, - at this time I can't create it on my
> own, since my autoconf is too old.

 Upgrade! You're a developer.

> It should be no problem to run a script on the CVS-Server at every
> checkin, which generates a new configure file. The g200 people implemented
> something like this to forward a mail to their dev-list with the
> commit-log.

 That are two different things: reporting changes to a mailing list is
 done by calling a script, which must be listed in CVSROOT/loginfo.
 It's called for _every directory_ you commit something to.
 Such a CVS-commit mailing list for Mesa would be a good thing, however.

 If you want to call a script for every checkin you have to add
 it to CVSROOT/modules and that'd require all users to recheckout
 the whole Mesa tree. But it's not necessary, anyway.

email: tanner@(ffii.org|gnu.org|ggi-project.org|gmx.de)
web:   http://home.pages.de/~tanner
GGI/Picasso: http://picasso.ffii.org