I've checked in code which implements the GL_EXT_get_proc_address
extension (and the related GLU and GLX variants).

These are prototype implementations of an unapproved spec.  Do
NOT use them in production/release code at this time.  But try
them out and make comments.

To use GL_EXT_get_proc_address you have to do this:

#define GL_EXT_get_proc_address 1
#include <GL/gl.h>

Otherwise the glGetProcAddressEXT() function won't be visible.
I'm doing this to reinforce the experimental nature of these
extensions.

Also, I've added a GLX_MESA_set_3dfx_mode extension.  It simply
implements the function glXSet3dfxModeMESA() which is equivalent
to the older XMesaSetFXmode() function.  This new extension
(which is queryable with glXGetProcAddressEXT) is simply a better
way to expose the functionality.  Give it a try Steve!

-Brian