I'm neck-deep in the code at the moment, and things are progressing well.  I've
already done a lot of cleaning up and identified a few areas that I will come
back and clean up some more when the clipping/winding rule stuff is done.

My main aim here is to get a working set of winding rule calculations, and the
thing that really bit me last time was the horizontal edge issue.  I'm spending
some time designing the algorithm to correctly handle this case, as well as all
the other nasty cases I've come across.  Thus, I want to make sure the algorithm
is correct from the start instead of patching it with special-case fixes like
last time, so I apologize if it's taking longer than people hoped for.

The work in being done in the 3.3 branch, but if things work out well and Brian
is okay with it, the changes might make it into 3.2 (otherwise they'll be in the
first 3.3 beta release).

The more I work on this, the more it's all coming back to me and so my pace will
continue to accelerate for a while yet.

-- Gareth