Hello list
I am starting to use Yocto to build images for my imx6 based Hummingboard.
Should I follow the vendor's instructions, using their layer based on fido
branch , i.e.:

git clone -b fido git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git
cd poky
git clone -b fido git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-fsl-arm
git clone -b fido git://github.com/SolidRun/meta-solidrun-arm-imx6.git

or should I follow the FSL Community BSP instructions
here<http://freescale.github.io/#download> given that the Hummingboard is
listed as supported, i.e.:

mkdir fsl-community-bsp
cd fsl-community-bsp
repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b krogoth

Is the difference purely in how new the branch is? What about the hardware
vendor's layer (meta-solidrun-arm-imx6) - is that incorporated into the Krogoth
release somehow?

This e-mail from Ultra Electronics Limited and any attachments to it are
confidential to
the intended recipient and may also be privileged. If you have received it in
error please
notify the sender and delete it from your system. If you are not the intended
you must not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its
contents to
any other person. All communications may be subject to interception or
monitoring for
operational and/or security purposes. Please rely on your own virus checking as
the sender
cannot accept any liability for any damage arising from any bug or virus
Ultra Electronics Limited is a company registered in England and Wales,
registration number
2830644. The address of its registered office is 417 Bridport Road, Greenford,
Middlesex, UB6 8UA.
meta-freescale mailing list