Hi,

On older Yocto project for x86 based HW I have two images in one. Basically the
normal image and second is backup system in case the normal system for whatever
reason won't boot etc..Boot loader does the selection which image to start

That project used hdddirect - image  so all the work was done for that.  Now I
have iMX6 based HW and it uses sdcard - image and recipes and tasks are
different I haven't been able to figure out how to do the similar thing on that.

So I have two, mostly, independent image recipes. One for normal and for backup
system. The normal image recipe then adds the backup system image after main
image and copies the kernel to the FAT partition along the normal image kernel.
Basically just add one more partition to normal system image and add backup
system rootfs there.

Problem now is that since the tasks etc.. are so different with sdcard - image
compared to hdddirect that I haven't found a way (task to modify that is) how
to add those partition etc.. tasks for adding the backup system.

Has anyone else done similar thing for sdcard - image and/or have any
suggestion how to do that?

If someone knows if there is support in Yocto already that would be good to
know. I'm using Yocto 2.1.

Also, if you think this should be on yocto - mailing list do tell. The sdcard -
image creation is in meta-fsl-arm - layer so that's why I thought this mailing
list would be better suited for it.

-TeemuK

________________________________

Actuant Corporation Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended
recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.