I am not aware of the kernel dependencies, so I need to read up on the problems there. Do you have a summary somewhere? Or something half finished that I can use as inspiration and/or informational document?

On 2018-10-04 17:47, Otavio Salvador wrote:
On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 10:03 AM Carlos Rafael Giani
<d...@pseudoterminal.org> wrote:
In addition to this, I think adding a "hantro_config.h" header would be
useful. That's because we can find this in the Makefile_codec file:

    CFLAGS += -DSET_OUTPUT_CROP_RECT -DUSE_EXTERNAL_BUFFER
-DUSE_OUTPUT_RELEASE -DVSI_API -DIS_G1_DECODER -DENABLE_CODEC_VP8
-DVP8_HWTIMEOUT_WORKAROUND -DENABLE_CODEC_MJPEG
-DGET_FREE_BUFFER_NON_BLOCK -DDOWN_SCALER

and you need to set these flags in your code as well, otherwise you get
stack corruption. For example, SET_OUTPUT_CROP_RECT enables certain
fields in openmax_il/source/decoder/codec.h :
We are preparing a headers package that will try to reduce the
dependency on the kernel and reduce a lot the machine specific
packages. I think we could make a package for it, and add it as
dependency.

Do you wish to propose one?