On 12/12/18 5:35 PM, John Matt wrote:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the response.

I am wondering if people use repo tool or gitsubmodules? Currently, I am debating if I need to copy the YOCTO repo to my local git (we have an internal git), or use the YOCTO repo externally, and only manage my recipes in my internal git in my organization?

We set up a poky folder on each build machine and then clone all the Yocto related repos under it (e.g., meta-openembedded, meta-raspberrypi, etc.).

We use our own Python script to manage all our the repos that we work with (e..g, run multiple git pull or checkout <branch> / <commit>).  It was a pretty simple thing to write (still a work in progress).

Repo (by Google?) seemed a lot heavier than what we needed, so writing our own script gave us the control we needed & we could understand everything it does.

Bob

Regards,
Janarbek.