Hi Tim

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 9:34 AM Tim Orling
<timothy.t.orl...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> ERROR: thermald-1.8-r0 do_prepare_recipe_sysroot: The file
> /usr/lib/libgomp.so is installed by both gcc-runtime and openmp, aborting
>
> local.conf:
> TOOLCHAIN ?= "clang"
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " ld-is-gold”
>
> Thoughts? Workarounds?

The problem is that clang is providing its own libgomp and thats
competing here with gcc runtime. we do not pull in llvm libomp so I
wonder how it this stepping into the deps here,  so you might have to
explain that

but there are some things you can try

remove libgomp from RUNTIMETARGET maybe via a
gcc-runtime_%.bbappend

this will ensure that omp implementation from clang/llvm is used
as system omp

Second option would be to ensure that you can write
 PREFERRED_PROVIDER_libgomp = "gcc-runtime"

and that should help to use gcc-runtime or set it to
 PREFERRED_PROVIDER_libgomp = "openmp"

to use llvm/clang version.

we could make meta-clang a bit snobbish and start overriding
providers from core automatically but that may not be what everyone wants

e.g. we could always use

compiler-rt <- libgcc
libcxx <- libstdc++/libunwind
openmp <- gomp