Am 05.07.2013 14:07, schrieb Lukas Bulwahn:
ROS Hydro is currently in its beta phase and Tully Foote has announced that Hydro is planned to be released at the end of July. I see a good chance for us to announce our first release of meta-ros just in time for the Hydro release and providing a meta-ros release that is in line with the versions of the ROS Hydro release.
I think it's a good idea to use Hydro as a base for our work.

B. Synchronize versions

The hydro-release defines the versions of its packages in https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/hydro/release.yaml. All we have to do is to adjust our versions to the versions in the Hydro release. I believe cross-compiling the packages should still work with the current Hydro versions. Possibly, it is best to have a simple python script that compares the meta-ros versions to the release.yaml to simplify staying up to date with the changes to Hydro during the beta phase and later on.
Maybe something similar to distrodata.bbclass from meta-yocto could be used.

Regards,
  Stefan