Hi Jon,

I was able to speed up the roscore launch significantly, by copying all
files from SD-card to RAM (using tmpfs). If you are interested, I could
send you the script.

Afterwards roscore works ok, unfortunately rosout (and all other programs
that are linked to roscpp) won’t startup on my system. I even tried to just
link a simple non-ROS C with roscpp without calling any library functions,
and it stopped working… I am a bit lost at this step right now, so if you
get ROS working fine on Galileo, please get in touch with me again 😉

Best regards

Christoph