Hi Terry,

not sure if I got your problem, maybe you can be a bit more specific. The
idea of this meta-ros is to avoid having a to setup a full fledged catkin
cross-compile setup. You basically select the right recipes from the repo,
and the Yocto environment will take care of all steps necessary to cross
compile (and install) the packages on an image. This image can be installed
to the device or you can reinstall it from an automatically created package.

If you are looking for a development platform (versus using ROS
stock-modules only) you can just setup a catkin ws on your host machine and
develop everything locally. When satisfied with the result create a zip
(maybe there is a way to avoid this step and I just haven't found it
yet...) and create a new recipe pointing to this newly created zip
instantiating the catkin tools. You can add the recipe to the image and
bitbake will cross compile the code contained in the zip file.

First steps have been a bit bumpy, but now it works quite well for my setup.

Best regards
Christoph