On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 6:43 PM Denys Dmytriyenko <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 02:19:38PM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:08 PM Denys Dmytriyenko <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 10:26:44AM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> > > > Hi
> > > >
> > > > Recently, I am seeing below packaging error for ti-cgt6x
> > > >
> > > > https://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/390526/
> > >
> > > Is this on master? Any specific configuration I should use to get this
> error?
> > > I don't think I've ever seen this before or lately...
> >
> > yes this is on qemuarm though, I find that it will be better to
> > disable it for non-ti socs
>
> Hmm, I still wonder why it's not breaking on ti-soc machines. May need to
> add
> INHIBIT_PACKAGE_DEBUG_SPLIT = "1", but I would like to reproduce the issue
> first, if possible...


I do not build ti-socs often and this change just shoved it off from
qemuarm builds I think with yoe distro you might get it for bbb as well


>
>
> > > > eu-readelf also fails to read this file as well as binutils readelf
> > > > also complains
> > > >
> > > > readelf: Error:
> > > >
> /mnt/b/yoe/build/tmp/work/armv7vet2hf-neon-yoe-linux-musleabi/ti-cgt6x/1_8.3.2-r0/package/usr/share/ti/cgt-c6x/lib/libc.a(__TI_$$LIBINFO):
> > > > Failed to read file header
> > > >
> > > > this libc.a is a binary blob so I cant find out how it is. built so
> > > > pinpoint where the problem
> > > > could be.
> > > >
> > > > since these are DSP blobs should this be ignored from processing and
> > > > just dumped into rootfs
> > > > this will help packager turn a blind eye towards its contents or
> > > > should this be fixed and turned into
> > > > a readable ELF file by normal binutils. I doubt it being a problem
> > > > with tools, since I see same issue
> > > > with elfutils tools as well as binutils ELF manipulation tools.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks
> > > > -Khem
>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12733): 
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-ti/message/12733
Mute This Topic: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/71114744/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-ti/unsub  
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to