On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 7:14 PM Nishanth Menon <n...@ti.com> wrote:

> On 12:46-20210408, Sinthu Raja M via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> > From: Sinthu Raja <x0257...@ti.com>
> >
> > Updtae ti-sci-fw recipe to build for both SK and EVM compilation and
> s/Updtae/Update/
>
> > installation through one machine name
>

> Why are we doing this? What happens to the wic file image? What is the
> out of box experience for someone creating an SD image -> flash the
> image then modify the sd card? how would that help?

The AM64x EVM and SK have similar rootfs, kernel and u-boot source
except for R5 SPL where EVM and SK have two different DDR
configurations.
Two different processor SDK for EVM and SK creates overhead for
customers just for the change in tiboot3.bin. Two avoid the overhead,
we are creating two
different images for EVM and SK under one MACHINE_NAME (which is am64xx-evm)

Two WIC files will be available separately for EVM and SK in the
processor SDK installer. Users can use respective WIC files for
flashing on to the respective boards.

> if we are going to make things minimal, then we might just have a
> headless_k3 and gui_k3 or something similar
>

> Further, when people have their own boards, how are they supposed to add
> support for their platforms?

For adding support for new platforms, it will be the same as adding
any other new platforms, these changes will not affect the default way
of adding the new board.