Hi, Sebastian,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 01:46:38AM -0700, Sebastian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm struggeling to get my BBB running with meta-ti. I have a build
> environment setup with Ubuntu 18.04. I have started with plain yocto and
> everything builds fine with beaglebone-yocto.
>
> Now I want to get in touch with the pru-icss but that is available only in
> meta-ti as I've read so far.
>
> * I've cloned again poky, meta-ti and meta-arm. Into ~/yocto
> * Started with source poky/oe-build-environment build
> * Edited conf/local.conf
>
> * added MACHINE ?= "am335x-evm"
>
> * Added the layers:
>
> * bitbake-layers add-layer ../meta-arm/meta-arm-toolchain
> * bitbake-layers add-layer ../meta-arm/meta-arm
> * bitbake-layers add-layer ../meta-ti
>
> * Started the build bitbake core-image-base
>
> What I've read so far was to use the ti2020.00 branch of meta-ti and the
> yocto-3.2 branch of poky.

I'm not at all sure where you've read that, but it's very strange combination
and is incorrect.

First, ti2020.00 wasn't even a production release, but it was made out of Zeus
branch, i.e. 3.0 Yocto release.
Second, yocto-3.2 release corresponds to Gatesgarth and meta-ti has no support
for it.

The best approach is to see where the latest release tags are being made in
meta-ti, and/or stick to LTS releases of Yocto. In both cases that would be
Dunfell. You might want to pin down meta-ti to 07.03.00.005 tag for now...

--
Regards,
Denys Dmytriyenko <de...@denix.org>