+Andrew

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 03:10:20PM -0600, Daniel Díaz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 7:18 PM Denys Dmytriyenko <de...@denix.org> wrote:
> > From: Denys Dmytriyenko <de...@konsulko.com>
> >
> > Cleanup and unify again - omapl138-lcdk is the only platform supported in
> > the OMAP-L1 family. Plus there's no longer DaVinci family with corresponding
> > settings. Adjust accordingly.
>
> We used to be able to build for am57xx-evm and beaglebone with just
> meta-ti-bsp. This patch seems to add a dependency on meta-ti-extras.
> Was this intended or has this always been required?
>
> Without meta-ti-extras:
>
> Parsing recipes...ERROR: ParseError at
> ../meta-ti/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-bsp/ti-sci-fw/ti-sci-fw_git.bb:2: Could
> not include required file recipes-ti/includes/ti-paths.inc
> ERROR: Parsing halted due to errors, see error messages above

Ok, that would actually be this commit responsible:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-ti/commit/?h=kirkstone&id=eda6651ddb4170c27fec411cf187b8c84765c815

Quick and dirty workaround I see is to replace "require" with "include" to
break the hard dependency. ti-k3-secdev is only needed for K3 HS and can be
passed as a host tool.

Andrew, long term we should revisit the use of ti-paths.inc and overall how
ti-k3-secdev gets implemented and where it resides...

--
Denys