Hi there,

This is a bot off-topic, so if you know a better mailing list for this kind of things, please let me know.

I'm thinking about making a request on the qt-devel mailing list, and of course I am willing to provide work to get this feature working.

Qt comes with a list of supported devices [1], of which are the beagleboard and the pandaboard. It would be nice to have as well the beaglebone. A simple first step would be to add a mkspecs to the qt-platform-mkspec project [2].

Up to know, this is all off-topic, but:
The mkspecs simply specify compiler flags (C, CPP and LD) and point to a cross-toolchain. [3] is the example for omap3430. I don't know who wrote that one, but it refers to a "beagle-narc-rootfs" and a Code Sourcery "arm-2010q1" (I assume it is CS because of the "q1" part).

And that's where meta-ti/arago could step in, because it is a toolchain/rootfs provider for TI SoCs.

Right now, I'm trying to build arago/dylan SDK with gles support. If it works, then the generated SDK could be used to allow building Qt4/5 out of yocto via the qt-platform-mkspecs.

Once this is showed to be working, a pull request could be made to qt-platform-mkspecs, and start a discussion on having the beaglebone added to the list of supported device and add a page on qt-project wiki a bit like the one for the beagleboard[4].

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Chris

[1] http://qt-project.org/wiki/Category:Devices
[2] http://gitorious.org/qt-platform-mkspecs
[3] http://gitorious.org/qt-platform-mkspecs/qt-platform-mkspecs/blobs/master/5.0/linux-omap3430-g++/qmake.conf
[4] http://qt-project.org/wiki/TIBeagleBoard
_______________________________________________
meta-ti mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-ti

Reply via email to